Ecuador is all set to host the 8th version of the South American U-20 Women’s Championship, the place ten international locations might be competing for two berths on the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup France 2018.
The event briefly:
- When: 13-31 January
- Where: The Ecuadorian towns of Riobamba, Ibarra and Ambato
- Who: Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay and Peru (Group A); Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay and Venezuela (Group B).
- What’s at stake: Two puts on the U-20 World Cup in France.
- How: After a round-robin layout within the two teams of 5, the highest two from each and every phase will advance to a four-team ultimate around. The round-robin layout will once more be used to make a decision the winner and runner-up, who qualify immediately for France 2018.
Having gained all seven earlier editions of the event, Brazil are understandably the area’s best canine and herbal applicants to declare the name in Ecuador. Furthermore, 11 of the Auriverde squad performed on the FIFA U-17 World Cup Jordan 2016 the place, in spite of now not going past the gang segment, they accumulated the type of enjoy that might be essential within the Sudamericano.
The different sturdy applicants are Venezuela, who come into the development with the nucleus of the squad that completed fourth on the above discussed World Cup in Jordan and are coached through the similar Jose Catoya, who guided them to the final version of the U-20 World Cup. Led through Deyna Castellanos, who was once shortlisted for the The Best FIFA Women’s Player award in 2017, the Vinotinto might be aiming to fortify on their 2015 outcome, once they ignored out on profitable the South American U-20 name through a purpose distinction of one.
Not relatively on the similar degree however with aspirations of their very own are Colombia and Paraguay. While the U-20 Cafeteras are contemporary from beating Ecuador within the ultimate of the Juegos Bolivarianos (Bolivarian Games) final November, Paraguay went unbeaten in 4 friendlies towards Argentina (two times) and Uruguay (two times) performed in preparation for the Sudamericano.
Players to watch
While Deyna Castellanos might be the focal point of a lot consideration, Venezuela’s attacking midfielders Daniuska Rodriguez and Yerliane Moreno are two extra to stay a detailed eye on.
For Brazil, defender Thais Reiss, midfielder Ana Vitoria and ahead Kerolin stand out, whilst Paraguayan striker Jessica Martinez is any other to watch for, having carried out rather well at U-17 degree.
Another quartet who may additionally make a dash on the Sudamericano are Colombia’s deep-lying midfielder Marieth Perez, Ecuador midfielder Joselyn Espinales, Argentina defender Luana Munoz and Peru goalkeeper Mia Shalit.
Did you understand…?
- Of the 22 avid gamers Venezuela have introduced to Ecuador, 15 have already performed in a U-17 or U-20 World Cup.
- Ecuador trainer Vanessa Arauz continues to be the youngest particular person to trainer a countrywide workforce on the FIFA Women’s World Cup™. That milestone, which she completed at Canada 2015 elderly simply 26, earned her a Guinness World Record.
- Chile might be hoping for a go back to the U-20 Women’s World Cup ten years on from webhosting the event.
- Colombia have now not certified since 2010, Argentina since 2012 and Paraguay since 2014.
- Ecuador, Uruguay, Bolivia and Peru have by no means competed in a Women’s World Cup at this age degree.